Friday, December 19, 2008

Ais Kacang Song

Have been humming this ais kacang song for a long time, without really knowing the proper lyrics.
And I've finally found it online (thanks to Damien). Hopefully you guys still remember this song. It was taught in primary school during music classes.

I find it pretty cute though.


Ais Kacang, Ais, Ais Kacang
Bila cuaca panas rasa dahaga,
Singgah di gerai, Ais Kacang diminta
Susu and jagung
Kacang dan lengkong
Air gula berwarna
Campur semua, enak rasanya
Kegemaran kita semua.



Tried google-ing a ice kacang photo. And I've found this.
Seriously, I felt pretty scary, since it's so colorful and stuffs. The round round things, looks pretty fake, I bet there are loads of colouring used.


I still miss the ice kacang I ate in penang. :D
And the RM 1.30 ice kacang from the super slow movement uncle near my house (Not sure whether it's still the same price or not). Seriously, he's like doing taichi while making my ice kacang. I've always waited like 30 minutes before just for an ice kacang.

1 comment:

Lam Chung Weng said...

Hi, I loved this song and learned during my primary time as well. Just a little amendment for you to let the song sound smoother.

Bila cuaca panas (dan) rasa dahaga, ... There is a word dan.

I was teaching it back in my primary school many years back then. When students saw me, they will hum this song. The melody is really catchy and easy to pick up.