Sunday, September 7, 2008

Primary school life

Have been reading a post on my friend's blog, and it somehow drift me away thinking about my primary school teachers. Honestly, my primary school memories somehow leave a deep dark scar deep in my heart. No offense. First of all, the teachers. Most of them are great, but somehow, a few of them, seldom leads me feeling depressed. Not about what I did. I was a great, quiet, well behaved student back in primary school. Back to the point, some of my teachers have favoritism.

Well, I should say most of the teachers have favoritism. I guess that's not the negative part. The point is, they gave unfair treatment towards other students by protecting their own relatives/their colleague's child. These favoritism happened to me since I was in standard 1. Well the battle started when I have a classmate (not going to mention) X who is a niece of Y(she's some sort of a high ranked teacher). Z who was my class teacher is a good friend of Y. So I guess you can roughly know what happened.

But nah, It isn't that simple. In primary school particularly standard 1, where you are not divided into the intellectual classes or normal classes, we are all mixed around. Teachers tends to judge student according to their attitudes/behaviors in class, physical outlooks and particularly handwriting. Gee. During standard 1, since I was trained since 2 years old in childcare, my handwriting was considered as one of the best ones in class. And the conflicts started here. My teacher Z, who was begged by Y to promote X as the class monitor comes into dilemma. Obviously, I think I was the better one (gosh i'm so proud of myself), Z chose me as the class monitor and X as the deputy. Gee. Obviously X and Y got so angry at that moment. (I got these sources from X lately) And the worst part, they planned with Z that whenever I do a single mistake, I'll be fired. Gee. How can they do such things to a primary school kid? And isn't teachers supposed to be fair, justice, and now FAVOURITISM? Gosh. How the hell are you going to teach kids when you are showing such attitudes. Wanting us to celebrate teachers day to remember your DEEDS? Gee. Ok, Calm down. Back to the story, My job as a class monitor was stabil til once, when I was not feeling well. And obviously, since I was so fainty, my handwrittings tends to be abit messy. I mean just a little. (Since my mum checked my work, and she couldn't even notice the differences between the normal worksheets. Gee.) Z wacked me with the 1meter ruler in front of the whole class when we are lining up for class causing me to cry. Thinking back, I was like what the hell? What's wrong when I wrote a little messier than usual, and I was wacked? when the teacher doesn't usually wack other people? Shouldn't they give special consideration for sick kids? Gee. I should HAVE SUED HER! If I was smarter back then, when I know about child abuse. And the worst thing, she called my mum and told her that I'll be fired if I do another mistake. Obviously, She was having a prejudice against me, and I can see Y AND X smilling when I was crying across the room. Gee. They are evil. And how can I ever forgive for what they did last time? I really don't understand myself. Am I naive? I couldn't even differentiate between evil and good. Thinking back, I was seldom bullied in class, and usually I hang out with the quiet ones. Since, X is a popular girl (everyone will not bully her since she was a niece of Y), she backstab me with the other kids in order to get supports. Gee. I really don't know what she was thinking back then. Did I do anything wrong to you? What I remembered was, She was a pretty looking girl with black hairbands sitting beside me on the first day of school. OK whatever, the story doesn't end here.

In standard 2 (Year2), terrible things happened.
X as protected as usual, ended up as a bully (not really). Well, I guess I can put her as the main character in Mean Girls, with a gang of friends who are backstabbers. Well, what they did was this to me. X stole my favourite pencil box, Which I felt that she was stupid and dumb at that moment. Gee. There was a pencil ink mark all over the pencil case, and she denied that it was her new one. Who will ever buy a expensive pencil box, I mean USED PENCIL BOX. You think our parents really allowed us to do that? Wasting money on a used junk? Gee. Obviously she stole mine along with my rubbish on my desk. Well, back then, I took bus home, so I usually left my books in my desk. For what I remembered, I left my pencil box at school for break, along with a bunch of textbooks and colouring books. And yeah, I found her using my colouring book and my textbooks with my name on it. She insisted that she wrote my name on it for fun. GEE. Being alone at that moment, I was paniced and sad. I searched for help and evidence around the class. AND I ACTUALLY FOUND A FEW FRIENDS OF MINE, WHO CAUGHT HER STEALING. BUT THEY HELPED HER INSTEAD. WHY? CAUSE SHE'S A NIECE OF Y AND EVERYBODY IS SCARED THAT THEY MIGHT GET IN TROUBLE. I went up to my classteacher, and told her about it. Obviously, she would not make it as a big thing. If that happened to normal ordinary kids, I guess they might be punished in front of the whole school. But that's not what happened to her. Instead, my teacher told me that I must be accusing her. WTF! So I cried, cried and cried. Till my eyes are sore, told my parents, AND OBVIOUSLY MY PARENTS ARE REALLY ANGRY. You si beh think my parents are no one in the world? Ok, well maybe they are not that big in school, but anyway, anyhow they are more educated than all the teachers in the entire school (since most of them are secondary graduates). Gee. So my mum went to the school the next day with my dad. Talked to my classteacher. At that moment, my classteacher was terrified with my dad. OBVIOUSLY. And she apologized to me, and X gave me back my pencil case and was really terrified that my parents will see Y and tell her about it. Gee. My parents gave her a chance that time, stating that she should not bully me anymore. But I guess, she was really scared of my parent till now? (Wasn't really close with her till now). But those apologies only lasted for a few days I guess.

Anyway, X maintained as a black name in my family till now. Not that I still hated her, I'm neutral. For all the things that she have done to me, I've only remembered 2 out of trillions of them. My dad still mentions her name, but I seldom ignored him.

Well, I suddenly remembered another event during standard 6. The teacher was not married (I guess most of you understand what I meant). Gee. She was a great teacher, I do respect her. But once, I guess she see things differently sometimes. She made me and my whole group of friends stand somewhere(don't remember it clearly), till even the teachers are curious of what happened to us. Many of them asked her why she punished us, but none of them found out the answers. Gee. The main reason that she punished us was that we hold hands with each other (note, we are all girls) when she asked us questions. And it was recess. I guess It was normal for primary school girls to hold each other hands during recess. Gee. We are all still under development. During that age, obviously we are normal to hate guys, and tend to stick around with the same gender (Except few, that are mature enough for that stage). Lol.

PS: After learning so many things, I soon found out that what we learned during primary school are not really that trustable. For example, I remembered clearly a failed experiment which is OBVIOUSLY SUPPOSED TO BE A SUCCESS. Gee.
That teacher, was so called the head of the science department and one of the best science teacher in my school. What he did was pretty funny.
We used the blue and red litmus paper to experiment between neutral, acid and bases. My teacher insisted us on bringing oyster sauce, salt, sugar, and lemon (I remembered it clearly since I poured the whole oyster sauce in my bag, and my textbooks are fulled with oyster sauce. yuck). And the funny part is that we put the litmus papers on a dry surface of salt & sugar. GEE. OBVIOUSLY IT WILL FAIL. Even a secondary school student will know that we can only do it in liquids. GEE.
PPS: The story above is not meant to jack anyone. Was just a reflection of my life which NOT MUCH PEOPLE KNOW IT IN MY LIFE.

No comments: